Improvements being made in my area
- Trains every Saturday between Nottingham and Newark Castle have doubled. The majority of services from Nottingham to Lincoln will be around three minutes faster than today.
- From 2018, new Thameslink services mean that passengers will be able to travel from Cambridge direct to the south coast. Passengers from Peterborough will also have an improved service with trains running direct to Gatwick Airport.
A better experience
- Passengers benefit from 4G connectivity on East Midlands Trains and 15 minutes free WiFi on trains to and from London.
- Passengers on East Midlands Trains will benefit from extra information help points using new technology at stations.
- A new East Midlands Trains app for quicker ticket buying and extra ticket vending machines have already been installed at many stations. Collection-only machines will be introduced at many universities on the route.
Faster, more frequent and reliable journeys
- The upgrade of the Midland Main Line will bring faster, greener, more reliable journeys on the route between Sheffield and London St Pancras, helping to support local growth. A new fleet of bi-mode trains will also mean more seats.
- Extra services and faster journeys on Saturdays on the Nottingham-Newark-Lincoln line will help to better connect people in the region with jobs and leisure opportunities.
- Once complete, the upgraded line between Kettering and Corby and Bedford to Kettering will deliver a speed improvement and create further capacity that enables more frequent passenger services to/from London St Pancras
- Upgrades to track, signalling and associated infrastructure will improve the capability of the existing Bedford-Kettering-Corby line and create additional capacity. The upgrade also creates a more robust diversionary route that will enable planners to minimise disruption arising from future engineering works on the line.
- Stations on the East Midlands Trains network are being made safer so they achieve Secure Station Status.
We're all backing the plan