Improvements being made in my area
- Passengers are benefitting from a tripling in the number of direct trains from north Wales to Manchester Airport and Chester.
A better experience
- Arriva Trains Wales customers can now buy digital tickets on their smartphones and make savings on regular travel.
Faster, more frequent and reliable journeys
- Better customer experience and economic growth are key benefits from rail electrification between London and Swansea. Passengers will benefit from faster, more reliable services and better stations.
- The Cardiff Area Signalling Renewals project is a £300m renewal and enhancement scheme delivered by Network Rail and included the largest signalling phase of its kind ever commissioned on the rail network in January 2017. As part of this project, Network Rail has replaced outdated signalling with state of the art technology, upgraded the track layout at key points on the Cardiff and Valleys network, and delivered new platforms and improved stations. It unlocks the potential to run 16 trains per hour – from 12 – into the heart of our capital city, should fleet be made available in the future. It has also increased operational resilience and capacity to recover when incidents arise in the meantime.
- Across Wales, many stations are benefitting from regeneration and improvements, giving customers better access and more comfortable surroundings. Station upgrades and improvements include Cardiff Central, Cardiff Queen Street, Llandudno, Pontypridd, Rhyl, Aberystwyth, Chirk, Abergele & Pensarn, and Port Talbot.
- Improvements in customer information for rail passengers are being rolled out across Wales: new electronic display screens have been installed at all stations and video assisted ticket machines at some stations help provide customers with better information.
We're all backing the plan