Britain’s Partnership Railway has a plan to invest over £50 billion to deliver a stronger economy, better customer journeys and more rewarding jobs on the railway.
With the publication of ‘In Partnership for Britain’s Prosperity’, rail companies have come together to make four commitments to Britain:
- Commitment One: Strengthen the railway’s contribution to the economy, keeping running costs in the black, freeing up taxpayers’ money
- Commitment Two: Increase customer satisfaction by improving the railway to remain the top-rated major railway in Europe
- Commitment Three: Boost local communities through localised decision making and investment
- Commitment Four: Create more jobs, increase diversity and provide our employees with rewarding careers
Rail companies will drive lasting change by working together to deliver on these commitments because rail’s partnership of public and private sectors is the best model for delivering for Britain.
'Britain Runs on Rail' focuses on the ever more important role of the railway in national life, and showing our customers and the public that the railway is working together with a plan to deliver a stronger economy, better customer journeys and more skilled jobs on the railway.
The TV advert
Who has been involved?
Working in partnership and led by the Rail Delivery Group, this programme will be delivered by our team from passenger rail, freight operators, Network Rail and the Department for Transport. Find out more about the organisations that make up the industry:
- Train companies - the companies that operate passenger rail services
- Owning groups - the companies that fully or jointly own the train companies
- Freight companies - the companies that transport goods by rail
- Track and infrastructure - the companies that manage rail tracks, infrastructure and signalling systems
- Supply chain – the companies that support the rail industry
The companies that operate passenger rail services.
The companies that fully or jointly own the train companies.
The companies that transport goods by rail.
The companies that manage rail tracks, infrastructure and signalling systems.
The companies that support the rail industry.